Monday, January 20, 2014

San Miguel de Allende

Hot Air Balloon Over San Miguel

Although I'm not vacationing in San Miguel de Allende, I have taken some time to be a tourist and attend the outdoor organic market, the artisan's cultural market, walk the streets to the long stretches of mercados and sit around the city square, across from the famous church, the Parroquia.  I've eaten at some of the street vendors and enjoyed eating a gordita filled with the deep fried fatty tissue of the underbelly of a pig.  I've had a wonderful bowl of consume' with big pieces of cabbage, carrots and cooked calabacitas.  I've watched cooks in their tiny kitchens work their sharp knives on meats and vegetables.  There is so much to see here in San Miguel.

Hand stitched tablecloths on the breakfast table at Rosewood Inn.
 
Right off of the busiest streets are quiet gardens behind arches, bringing a sense of solitude to cafes or B&B's.
Dining Room in a little B&B Cafe' where I ate chili rellenos.
Cuban Beer at a tiny cafe called 100 Beers.
Tiny tables in the 100 Beers pub, looking out to the Institute de Allende.

San Miguel de Allende street view.
I had the good fortune to find the last Cuban beer in San Miguel.  I drank it.  It was a wonderful, refreshing experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment